Poison First Aid
What to Do if Poisoned
Swallowed Poison, Poison in the Eye, Poison on the Skin, or Inhaled Poison
- Do NOT panic!
- Call Poison Help at 1-800-222-1222 for further instructions.
When to Call 911 First
- If the victim is unconscious
- If the victim is having a seizure
- If the victim is not breathing
- If the victim has chest pain
Syrup of Ipecac and Activated Charcoal
- Syrup of Ipecac and Activated Charcoal are not recommended for home use in a poison emergency.
- Read the official Minnesota Poison Control System position on home use of Syrup of Ipecac.