What is the APC?
The America’s Poison Centers is a non-profit, nationwide organization founded in 1958 the represents poison centers of the United States and the interests of prevention and treatment of poisoning.
Your Poison Center is a Member of the APC.
The nation’s 55 poison centers as well as other poison-related organizations are members of America’s Poison Centers (APC). The APC’s mission is to advance poison centers in their public health mission.
- Represents U.S. poison control centers
- Partners with other organizations and federal agencies to promote poison control center services.
- Provides accreditation of U.S. poison control centers.
- Provides continuing education for poison control center staff.
- Certifies poison center personnel.
- Owns and maintains the National Poison Data System (NPDS).
- Provides toxicosurveillance in collaboration with federal agencies, provides annual reports on poison statistics, and provides custom reports from NPDS data.
- Compliments efforts of poison control centers in educational outreach.
- Provides the media, national organizations, and federal agencies access to an extensive network of toxicologists, specializing in a variety of subject matter.
- Co-hosts the North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology- the leading international event on toxicological matters.
For more information about the APC, visit www.aapcc.org